Section 1: Acceptance and Violation
1. By using any service provided by the Digital PenQuin Network (“DP”) you agree to these terms of service.
2. By violating any of these terms, you may be susceptible to removal from Digital PenQuin's services and/or legal action.
3. Any staff, owners, hosts, advertisers, head staff, administration, employees, partners, and all other parties related to this server’s staff reserve the right, with the appropriate permissions, to forcibly make you leave the server, permanently or temporarily, and no refunds will be given.
4. Digital PenQuin reserves the right to present a lawsuit to parties that may be in violation of these Terms.
Section 2: Legal Disclaimers
1. If any part of this document is said to be found invalid or unenforceable in any way, will be considered fully valid and binding.
2. You expressly understand and agree that Digital PenQuin shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible loss (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from or arising out of any of the following: The use of or the inability to use the service. The cost to obtain substitute goods and/or services resulting from any transaction entered into or through the service. Unauthorized access to or alteration of your data transmissions. Statements or conduct of any third party on the service. Any other matter relating to the service
3. You agree to indemnify the staff, owners, hosts, advertisers, officers, directors, employees, partners, and all other parties related to this server’s staff. By agreeing to these terms, you agree not to present any lawsuit or other legal challenge against the server staff for any reason.
Section 3: Modification
1. Digital PenQuin reserves the right to modify any of these Terms of Service at any time.
2. By continuing to use any of Digital PenQuin's services, you agree to the updated Terms of Service.
3. It is not required of Digital PenQuin to notify you when the Terms of Service are updated.
Section 5: Governing Law
1. Any claim relating to Digital PenQuins’s Web Site or Minecraft Server shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Section 6: Prohibited Access
When using any service provided by Digital PenQuin, you are not permitted to:
1. Violate any laws of the United States of America and your current country (if applicable), the State of New York and your current State or Providence (if applicable), and your local jurisdiction.
2. Post any pornographic or inappropriate content.
3. Post any malicious content or viruses that may harm Digital PenQuin or another user of Digital PenQuin’s services.
4. Bully, harass, or intimidate, or be disrespectful to any other user of Digital PenQuin’s services.
5. Engage in discriminant content.
6. Attempt to circumvent any banishment given for any reason.
7. Charge Back or demand a Refund for any purchase. By performing any of the actions outlined by this section, the user that is performing an unauthorized action may be susceptible to Banishment from any or all of Digital PenQuin’s Services and/or Legal Action.
Section 7: Purchases
1. Charge Back or demand a Refund for any purchase. By performing any of the actions outlined by this section, the user that is performing an unauthorized action may be susceptible to Banishment from any or all of Digital PenQuin’s Services and/or Legal Action.
2. All sales are final. Digital PenQuin does not allow Refunds to be made on purchases
3. By Charging Back or attempting to re-collect money that was paid to us we reserve the right to remove you from any or all of Digital PenQuin’s services (§1-3).
4. We reserve the right to pursue any Legal or Collection action necessary to recover damages in the event of a forced charge-back
5. If at anytime you are banned from the Digital PenQuin Network, we will not be returning these pre-purchased items.
1. Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected
2. We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against its loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
3. We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Section 9: Work Policy
1. Anything one worked on must be returned in original condition. Vandalizing, deleting, or otherwise refusing to return any work may result in legal action. This being said, you also agree to not present any lawsuit related to this Policy.
2. Once work is submitted to Digital PenQuin (either through a formal submission process or posted on the Forums), Digital PenQuin reserves the right to use said work for as long as we desire, for any purpose, even if that purpose is one other than the original purpose that it was intended to be used for.
3. Staff Retirement Policy: If a Staff Member retires that has created a work for Digital PenQuin, said Staff Member (or former Staff Member) may not disallow us to use your work for whatever reason. If you create work for Digital PenQuin while apart of the Staff Team, or post a work related to Digital PenQuin on the forums, we have the right to use it for any purpose, indefinitely. This goes for all staff members.
Section 10: Extra Notes
Once Digital PenQuin Hogwarts has completely opened, all purchases will be returned within 1 month of the official opening. If you do not recieve your purchase within 1 month from the official opening, we will not be able to return these past purchased items.